Prime Minister Narendra Modi said India has successfully conducted an anti-satellite missile test that put the country in a league of global “space powers.”
In a national address Wednesday, Modi said India had achieved a “historic feat” by shooting down its own low-orbit satellite with a missile in just three minutes.
Only three other countries — the US, Russia and China — have the capabilities to use an anti-satellite missile.
After this test, India became the fourth country in the world to gain strategic ability to defeat enemy satellites. Over the last 6 months 300 scientists were working on this project.
– Mission completed by scientists in 3 minutes
– The target was going at a speed of 7.8 km per second
– In less than 1 second it was to intercept
– 8 to 10 minutes pass in the Indian subcontinent
– 300 scientists and staff were mobilized in the mission
– It had been running for 10 years working on technology
– DRDO had claimed the technique in 2012
– Scientists were in mission mode for 6 months
– 300 km away shot down satellite
India reached super 4
– 3 countries had this ability and India fourth country
– America did the first test in 1959
– Russia did the test in 1963
– In 2007 also China was involved in this club
– 740kg shot down the satellite
– The satellite was in the range of 274 kilometres
– Satellite launched on January 24, 2019
-India can distinguish the satellite from 1,000 km